Brampton Folk Club: Friday Folk Night Concert Series
September 29, 2023 - May 25, 2024
The Brampton Folk Club is pleased to announce this year’s Friday Folk Night Concert Series, starting September 29th with the fiddle and step dancing group Ariko.
“We’re really stoked about this year’s line-up” said Folk Club President and Artistic Director Glenn McFarlane. “We’ve got some artists we’ve been wanting to present for quite a while, along with a few favourites and some new ones we’re really excited about.”
The concert series continues to present a diverse line-up of folk styles, including fiddle music, a seasonal bluegrass show, blues, and flamenco. New this year is a special Gordon Lightfoot Tribute concert featuring some of the finest performers in the Brampton Folk Club.
Our popular desserts and drinks will be back this year, which will be served before the show and during the intermission. Season Tickets (which come with reserved seating) are also available this year.
Here is the full Friday Folk Night season:
- September 29th - Fiddle and Step Dancing Group Ariko
- October 27th - A Tribute to Gordon Lightfoot
- December 1st - “Carols from the Barrel”, a Bluegrass Seasonal Celebration with The Barrel Boys
- January 26th - Blues Night! Rick Fines with Roly Platt and Alec Fraser
- February 23rd - Uplifting Songstress Mimi O'Bonsawin
- March 22nd - Flamenco Music and Song with Jorge Miguel
- April 26th - “Songs of Renewal”, A Spring themed concert by the popular vocal group Boreal
- Saturday, May 25th - Brampton Folk Club Annual Showcase Concert
The concerts will be held at Sanderson Hall, in the upper level of St. Paul’s United Church, 30 Main St. South, Brampton. The concerts run from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., with doors opening at 7 p.m.
Kicking off our season is the fiddle and step dancing group Ariko. Whether at a festival or in a kitchen, the party ignites when Ariko takes the stage. Homegrown in Lafontaine, Ontario, Ariko features the rich vocal harmonies and dynamic fiddle stylings of the Lefaive sisters along with a driving and energetic rhythm section delivered by their parents Laura and Louis. Ariko’s performances engage audiences of all ages with interactive rhythm, song and dance activities. Rooted in traditional music, their dynamic repertoire is coloured by zydeco, jazz and popular genres. Let yourself be recharged by the positive energy of this family group! Opening act: Harpin’ Norm Lucien