Q: Where is the conference this year?
The 37th annual conference will take place October 12-15, 2023, at the the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, 300 King Street, London, ON.
Q: Who can attend the Folk Music Ontario conference?
All folks may attend! Our programming is tailored towards professionals in the music/creative industry, which attracts musicians, agents, festival buyers, representatives of related organizations, and music lovers, all are welcome.
Q: Do I have to be an FMO member to attend the conference?
Members and non-members both can attend, but members receive the steepest discounts on all purchases. Take a look at our rates on our registration portal to see which rate applies to you. You are welcome to purchase a membership before registering for the conference to access the best deals.
Q: Where do I go when I arrive for the conference?
When you first arrive, follow the signs to the Registration Area to pick up your badge. You just need to provide your name and one piece of ID to one of our FMO volunteers at the Registration Area, to receive your welcome package.
Q: What should I bring with me to the conference?
You can bring your instrument to the conference, even if you don’t have a showcase booked as you’ll find people jamming throughout the weekend in various areas of the hotel. We will have an instrument lockup area if you want to store your instrument at the hotel. And maybe bring a pair of comfortable shoes, you’ll need them! Feel free to reference this Conference Packing Checklist video: LINK
Other good ideas are:
- Business Cards or other ways to share your contact information
- On-the-go snacks or meals for when you need a quick re-fuel
- Re-usable cup / mug; because we love the environment!
- Bathing suit, if you fancy taking a dip at the conference hotel
- Comfy clothes and a mat if you'd like to join us for some morning yoga/stretching!
- Herbal tea, honey, FIsherman's Friend; anything to soothe the throat after a long day of networking