Folk Music Ontario Membership
Cliquez ici pour lire en français.
Become a Member of Folk Music Ontario, Canada’s largest organization devoted to the folk, roots, and traditional music and arts community. By joining, you become an integral part of an ever-expanding network of festivals, artists, and industry professionals from across the country.
Once a year, the community comes together at the Folk Music Ontario Conference, bringing together festivals, artists, and industry folks, for a weekend of networking, showcasing, professional development, and celebrating the people who make the Canadian Folk Music sector thrive. Year-round, Folk Music Ontario advocates tirelessly on behalf of their members, and holds year-round business development activities for folks at any stage in their careers.
What's included in your membership?
- Access our complete member directory: Connect and network with other FMO members including festivals, presenters, managers, agents, artists, and more, in our online portal through our member directory profiles and direct member-to-member messaging.
- Access the message board and workspaces: Join our growing peer-to-peer discussions, ride-shares/room-shares for upcoming events, or start a discussion of your own!
- Access our comprehensive event calendar: Be the first to know about conference deadlines, webinars, member events, partner events, and the most comprehensive and up-to-date listing of Canadian Folk Festivals!
- Invitations to special events: Festival Members are included in the annual Folk Music Ontario Festivals Retreat, which brings together Artistic and Executive Directors for networking, collaboration, and learning!
- Save big on partner products, events, and services: With your Folk Music Ontario membership, you can access discounts from our partner orgs and events, such as Folk Alliance International, Bandzoogle, and more!
- Save over $300 on registration for the FMO Conference: Members have access to the lowest prices on conference registration, showcase applications, and award submissions.
- Promote your events/releases to thousands of folkies: Did you know our newsletter is read by over 1000 people each week? All FMO Members are invited to participate in our Member Promotion Program, and we’ll help spread the good word through our media and marketing channels.
- Have your say in the community: All members have voting privileges in director elections and decisions at the AGM
Which Membership Category is for You?
Festival - For festivals and presenters of all sizes;
Organization - for folk clubs, concert series, venues, agents, managers, labels, promoters, distributors, record retailers, record companies, studios, radio stations, associations, graphic designers, not-for-profit orgs, arts service organizations, and other groups;
- Small Organization/Not for Profit - <$50,000 gross revenues
- Medium Organization - $50,000 to $250,000 gross revenues
- Large Organization - >$250,000 gross revenues
Individual - for artists, industry professionals, friends, and other music folks.
- Youth (Ages 18-25 - under 18 = non-voting)
For more information on membership, please contact our Operations Manager, Joel Elliott.