SUBJ: FMO Conference 2023 Digest - Vol1
We are TWO WEEKS AWAY from the 2023 FMO Conference. There is a lot of information to disseminate in the next couple of weeks, so we’ve organized it in this handy format to ensure you don’t miss an update. We’ll be sending the digest to all of our registered conference delegates, and posting the digests to the website; so if you miss one, check in at: https://folkmusicontario.org/conference-faq. See below for important event info, and stay tuned for future digests!
All registrants have now been sent an invite to sign up for Lightning Talks! These One-on-one meetings with industry professionals will take place via Zoom next week, October 2-5.
- IMPORTANT: You can book a maximum of FIVE meetings. If you book more than that, FMO will remove the extra meetings of our choosing.
- Click here to View the Lightning Talks contact Sheet. This sheet lists the experts, and their availability.
- Click here to visit the Scheduling document. Using the tabs at the bottom, find the date and time of the expert you’d like to speak to. Spots are first come, first served!
- Write your name and email into the time you’d like to book.
- The Zoom link for each day will be at the top of the scheduling sheet, and will be sent via email each morning of the week of October 2-5.
- Contact information for all participants and experts will be available in the contact sheet. Be sure to check out this information beforehand to prepare for your conversations.
- IMPORTANT: this document is to be used by everyone. DO NOT Delete others’ bookings, and DO NOT edit the document in any way other than to enter your own information.
- IMPORTANT: Do NOT share the contact info sheet with anyone! It is for those participating in the conference and lightning talks only. You can use these contacts for follow-ups or personal outreach, but please, do not add these contacts to your mailing list.
PITCH CRAFT PODCAST
Looking for some tips on what goes on in Lightning Talks? How to pitch your music/artists? Listen to episode 18 of the ReFolkUs Podcast, Pitch Craft w/ Val Denn! Valerie explains how folks can best represent themselves in these meetings, what materials to bring, how to be memorable and stand out from the crowd, and guides listeners through some do’s and don'ts.
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
The schedule at a glance is now available! Click here to view it now. A more comprehensive schedule with panels, speakers, showcase timing, and more will be sent out soon!
HOTELS AND ROOM SHARE / RIDE SHARE
Hotel rooms at the conference site (Double Tree by Hilton) are sold out, and special deals at other hotels have been scooped up as well! It’s turning out to be a busy week in London, so if you have not booked your accommodations, do so quickly!
- Click here to view hotel options in London with availability during the conference dates.
- FMO has arranged for a shuttle service from hotels that are farther away from the Doubletree. There are also free bus passes available for registrants. If you would like to take advantage, please inquire at the info or registration desk when you arrive at the conference site.
- The FMO online portal has a message board (workspaces) for discussion on Ride sharing and Room sharing for the conference! Click here to view these workspaces now. If you cannot access the spaces, just let us know at email@example.com and we’ll let you in.
Advertise at Folk Music Ontario 2023 and get your message in front of a tuned-in, community-engaged audience! There are a few opportunities available, including:
- Digital Program Guide Ads - Many sizes available
- Rotating Sponsor Screen Ads - On display in networking areas of the conference
- Booth/Tables - Set up in the networking areas of the conference
Click here for more information and to book your ad now!
More information on the conference is coming! We can’t wait to see you all in London.
xo, The FMO Team